Pigeon Control Tips and Repellent Methods
How to Keep Pigeons Away
For all areas with ledges and overhangs: Prevent pest pigeons from landing on surfaces by installing bird control spikes which are 100% effective everywhere installed and feature generous warranties.
For outdoor areas: Prevent birds from entering spaces with Bird Netting, available in many sizes and thicknesses to best address requirements. Professional bird netting is 100% effective when installed correctly and is invisible from a distance.
Pigeons often accumulate in public areas like parks and plazas, attracted to discarded food and trash left by tourists and other passersby. Sonic bird repellent devices will keep pigeons away in large outdoor areas. Also, property managers should discourage visitors from feeding pigeons, since food is an extremely attractive reason for pigeons to keep coming back. Keep the treated area as clean as possible for the most effective results.
For semi-enclosed and enclosed areas: Sometimes, pest pigeons make their way into semi-enclosed facilities like loading docks, warehouses, airplane hangars, stadiums, and other spaces. Facility managers can repel pigeons from the area using ultrasonic bird repellers that are nearly silent-to-humans but extremely offensive to pest birds.
Pigeon Nest Removal
The Balcony Gard covers up to 900 sq. ft. and is ideal for use against pigeons. Silent to most humans and motion-activated, this product protects small spaces from birds.
Problems associated with pest pigeons:
- Pest pigeon droppings – each pigeon leaves up to a pound of droppings per week
- Pigeons carry diseases like cryptococcosis, histoplasmosis, toxoplasmosis, and salmonella
- Pigeons are hosts to other pests such as fleas, ticks, lice, and mites
- Liability results from unsanitary messes and potential slip-and-fall accidents
- Pigeons build nests in vents and chimneys, creating fire hazards
- Damage to property
- High cost of cleanup, repair and maintenance
Humane pigeon control methods are equally effective against all types of pigeons.