Backed by our 30 Day Electronics Performance Satisfaction Guarantee and our 6-Month Manufacturer’s Warranty Against Material Defects.
Since 1979, Dr. Whitford has been studying Canada goose behavior and vocal communications, then presenting and publishing his findings. He holds a PhD in biological sciences in the field of animal behavior, as well as BS and MS degrees in wildlife management. GooseBuster® is based on decades of research into the behavior and communication of Canada geese by noted biologist Philip Whitford, Capital University Professor.
Dr. Whitford has obtained the only documented recording, anywhere, of the alarm call of Canada geese. This, along with the alert call, makes the GooseBuster® PRO the foremost goose repelling mechanism of its size in the world.
- ‘Alert’ calls indicate uneasiness about potential danger; ‘alarm’ calls signify immediate danger
- Geese evacuate without waiting to identify the source
- Covers up to 1.5 acres; pairing with another unit covers 3-5 acres (use additional units for even larger coverage, or purchase the Original GooseBuster for areas up to 7 acres)
- Fully programmable – you control the settings; optional selection of coyote bark and gunshot sounds
- Device automatically prevents acclimation; calls differ in frequency, duration, and intervals; sound combinations, sequences & speakers change randomly to give a perception of troubled geese moving through many locations
- Weather resistant – NEMA type box is designed to withstand outdoor use
*Proven effective in university-conducted field studies:
Download the original research paper, Successful Use of Alarm and Alert Calls to Reduce Emerging Crop Damage by Resident Canada Geese, or an illustrated poster version presented at the Bird Strike North American Conference.